American Express SmartEarn™ Credit Card is a medium cost range credit card which is mostly used by Millenials. Previously this card was known as The Everyday Spend American Express Gold Credit Card. Check out the benefits & offers available on this card with its terms & conditions.
|Card Name||American Express SmartEarn™ Credit Card|
|Card Type||Credit Card|
|Annual Fee||₹495/- + applicable taxes|
|Renewal Fee||₹495/- + applicable taxes|
|Welcome Gift||₹500/- welcome gift on spending ₹10,000/- in first 90 days of membership|
|Rewards||5X Membership Rewards Points|
|Reward Point Value||1 reward point is equal to ₹0.50 paisa.|
|EMI||Convert purchases into EMI at the point of sale with an interest rate as low as 12% p.a. and zero foreclosure charges.|
|Fee Waiver||Get Renewal Fee Waiver|
Benefits of SmartEarn™ Credit Card
If you spend ₹10,000/- in first 90 days of card membership, you will earn ₹500/- as a welcome bonus.
Membership Reward Point
You will earn 1 membership reward point for every ₹50/- spent except for spends on cash transactions, balance transfer, insurance, fuel and other utilities.
If you transact on BookMyShow, Amazon, Swiggy and other selected merchants then you will earn 5X membership rewards on every ₹50/- spent.
“Under 5X category, 5X membership rewards points will be capped at 250 Points per month per card account for all the merchants put together. Note that eligible merchant partners maybe change from time to time. 5X category means card member earns 4 membership rewards points on every Rs. 50 spent at participating merchants over and above the regular Membership Rewards points earn rate applicable on the card account. For Example – If a person eligible spend of Rs. 500 will get 10 regular membership reward points but if he spends on 5X category merchant he will get 40 additional membership rewards points.”
If you transact through this card on Uber and Flipkart then you can get 10X rewards for every ₹50/- spent.
“Under 10X category, 10X Membership Rewards Points will be capped at 500 Points per month per Card Account for Flipkart and 10X Membership Rewards Points will be capped at 500 Points per month per card account for Uber. For example, an eligible spend of Rs. 250 will get the card member 5 regular membership rewards points and 45 additional membership rewards points.”
Offers & Privileges
- If you purchase fuel at HPCL for transaction less then ₹25000/- then there is 0% convenience fee on this.
- If your transactions at HPCL fuel purchasing is above ₹25000/- then 0.3% convenience fee will be charged.
- Your American Express SmartEarn™ Credit Card may be enabled for contactless payments. If you want to check your card is contactless then you must check the contactless symbol network on the front side and backside of your card.
No Rewards Points Programme
Users will not earn membership rewards point on the card for spending on fuel, insurance and utility like water, electricity, gas bill payments etc.
|Fuel||Include diesel, CNG and petrol for Oil Marketing Companies.|
|Telecommunications||Include mobile phones, cable, internet services landline providers and other television services and calling cards.|
|Daily Utilities||Includes water, gas and household/domestic electricity. These providers can be government departments or agencies which include local state, municipal organizations and apartment associations.|
- You will get a renewal fee waiver if you have eligible spends of ₹40,000/- or above in previous of this card membership.
- 24X7 card related support & assistance.
- Dispute Solution.
- Emergency Card Replacement.
- Zero Lost Card Liability.
- One Supplementary American Express SmartEarn™ Credit Card at no additional cost.
Important Key Notes
- If American Express receives any report within 3 working days of the fraud then cardmember liability will be nil.
- The maximum liability of the customer will be limited to ₹1000/- if the fraud is reported beyond 3 working days.
- The rewards & points will only available on eligible spends. On cash advances, drafts made from the account, balance transfer and express cash transactions will not be included in eligible spends. You will get statement credit will be given within 10 working days on completion of eligible spends.
|Applicant||Indian or defined under the income tax act of India.|
|Available For||Residents of Mumbai, Delhi/NCR, Bangalore, Chennai, Indore, Jaipur, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodara, Pune and Hyderabad.|
|Employed Income||INR 4.5 lakhs and above (personal income)|
|Self-Employed Income||INR 6 lakhs and above (personal income)|
“If you change your residential status then you have to inform American Express Banking Corp”
How to Apply
You can apply for this card through the link provided below.
Do eligible spends include cash advances, drafts and express cash transactions?
No, eligible spends do not include any cash transactions, drafts and cash advances which are made from the account, fees and balance transfers.
What are the steps taken by American Express Corp in case of fraud?
The liability will be nil if American Express receives any report within 3 working days of the fraud. If fraud is reported beyond 3 working days then the liability of customer will be ₹1000/- maximum.
|Welcome bonus (₹500/-).||No rewards points on fuel, telecommunication.|
|Cheap & Aff0ordable credit card for Millenials.||No rewards points on fuel, telecommunication.|
|Renewal Fee Waiver.||No rewards on daily utilities.|
|5X & 10X reward schemes.||Capping on 5X and 10X rewards.|